We’re continuing our history series with the beautiful Asscher cut stone. While wearing this cut, you’re connected to a long line of diamond royalty and resilience- who wouldn’t want a piece of that!
- It consists of 57-67 facets
- It has large step cut facets, with a rounded base- creating a look in between the emerald cut and round brilliant cut.
- The stone consists of a high crown (top of the stone) and deep pavilion (bottom of the stone), imitating the art deco style that was circulating during early 20th
A Brief History:
- The cut was first invented in 1902, when Joseph and Abraham Asscher wanted to make better use of rough diamonds, with less waste.
- During World War Two, the Asscher family almost lost everything they had created, including their iconic ‘Royal Asscher Diamond Company’ to the Nazis.
- Finally in 1980, thanks to the help of some younger Asscher family members, the Royal Asscher Diamond Company was back on it’s feet and granted a royal title status by Queen Juliana of the Neverlands.
Despite the major trauma this family company and diamond design experienced, the Asscher cut is a true symbol of innovation, royalty and strength.
At Secrets, keeping this original strength and cut is easy with our eco-friendly stones that have been grown in a laboratory and cut by our advanced technology. Made from minerals, our diamond simulants are conflict free- that’s a luxury the earth can afford.
Interested in wearing this royal Asscher diamond cut? These are some of our top bestsellers in the “Asscher Cut”