Warranty & Guarantees
Congratulations on your new Secrets Shhh design. We believe our mined diamond and gemstone alternatives represent a far more responsible approach and exceptional value for money. Secrets Shhh gemstone simulants are created above the ground in a laboratory, with the latest technology and scientific methods, using the finest raw minerals and materials (see condition 2 below). Proudly grown, not mined from the earth, our prized gemstone simulants possess the optical properties of the finest mined diamonds and gemstones unearthed, at a fraction of the cost.They are, in our opinion, the world’s most beautiful mined diamond and gemstone alternatives.
Our jewellery is meticulously crafted and expertly finished by hand from the highest quality authentic materials, including solid 14 Carat Gold, 10 Carat Gold and Sterling Silver. Our luxury jewellery represents quality without compromise.
We believe that a Secrets Shhh diamond and gemstone is forever, and as such we stand behind our jewellery with a Five-Star Guarantee, in addition to your statutory rights under the Australian Consumer Law, to ensure your total peace of mind. For instructions on how to care for your jewellery, and further information on our gemstones, visit www.secrets-shhh.com. See below for the conditions of our Five-Star Guarantee.
Our Five Star Guarantee
Our Lifetime Gemstone Brilliance Guarantee
Secrets Shhh diamond and gemstone simulants are durable with similar hardness to mined gemstones. On the Mohs scale of hardness they rate 8.5 out of 10. We offer our buyers a Lifetime Guarantee for the internal fire and brilliance of our gemstones: If any of our gemstones become cloudy, fade, or discolour we will immediately replace the stone or stones. Please note that this Guarantee may not cover the full cost of re-mounting replacement stones in the piece.
Our Lifetime Gemstone Loss Guarantee
If a Secrets Shhh gemstone simulant is lost from its original mount we guarantee to replace the gemstone simulant free of charge. This Guarantee does not cover the loss of an entire piece of jewellery, or the loss of a mount, or the cost of re-mounting the replacement stone in the piece.
12-Month Workmanship Guarantee:
In addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, we will remedy any manufacturing fault or defect for a period of 12 months after the purchase. Should we discover any defect or manufacturing fault we will repair or replace the piece free of charge. This Guarantee does not cover accidental damage, wear and tear or unreasonable treatment.
30-Day Change of Mind Guarantee
Take your jewellery home to ensure it is perfect. Feel free to inspect, try on again, or get a second opinion. If you are not totally satisfied, we will exchange or refund within 30 days of purchase. Please note this change of mind guarantee does not apply if the jewellery has been worn or has been custom made, modified, especially sized to fit, or special ordered. Please see condition 2 below.
Life time trade up Guarantee
If at some time in the future you would like to trade up your jewellery, simply spend three times the original purchase price and receive a full credit on the original purchase towards your new piece or pieces. At Secrets you may also use this guarantee to order a custom made piece with a man-made synthetic diamond or a natural mined diamond version with us. Remember we will fully credit your original purchase against the cost of the new piece. This way you always have the option to refresh your collection with us at a later date. This trade up policy does not apply to sale or discounted items, or items supplied under our Lifetime Trade up Guarantee.
Conditions Please Note:
1. Fine jewellery should not be worn in situations that can cause unreasonable wear and tear or damage, such as gardening, gym sessions or during active sport, or heavy lifting as these activities can result in damaged mountings and bands, broken chains and damaged earrings or lost fittings which will not be covered by any Guarantee. Please also remember that hard and abrasive surfaces can damage or scratch your jewellery and stones. It is also recommended you take pendants and earrings off when sleeping to avoid damage to chains and earring posts and lost butterfly clasps. Chemicals may also discolour or tarnish your jewellery so avoid wearing your jewellery in a pool, hot tub, or sauna. Make up, perfumes, hairspray, antiperspirants, body acidity, and some Sulphur based drugs may also discolour or tarnish your jewellery.
Our jewellery is fine quality and consideration should be given to the appropriate circumstances to wear your new piece. For more details, refer to our website www.secrets-shhh.com. Our Guarantees do not cover accidental damage, surface chipping or abrasion of either stones or mounts that are caused by unreasonable wear and tear, misuse or abuse, or other unreasonable treatment.
Secrets Shhh jewellery should be cleaned and inspected every six months at a Secrets Shhh store to ensure the mounting is in good condition. If there is not a Secrets Shhh store near you, please contact our Customer Service Team online at www.secrets-shhh.com and we will arrange to have your jewellery sent to our nearest authorised Service Center at your cost.
2. Any reference to a diamond or gemstone alternative in our Guarantee refers to our range of “above the ground” gemstone simulants, grown in a laboratory, from the mineral base zirconium oxide. Our stones are not synthetic diamonds created from carbon, or synthetic gemstones which share the same chemical properties as their natural mined counterparts. Our stones are selected from the finest grade AAAAA – AAAAAAA cubic zirconia cut to exacting proportions. We do not normally offer synthetic gemstones or mined gemstones, unless requested under a specific custom order.
3. These Guarantees are in addition to your statutory rights. Our goods come with Guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
4. These Guarantees are provided by Secrets Shhh Pty Ltd ABN 36 617 804 332. To make a claim under these Guarantees contact our Customer Service Team online at www.secrets-shhh.com, or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. These Guarantees do not cover the cost of making any claim, you must arrange to make the claim at your own expense.
5. Our Lifetime Gemstone Brilliance Guarantee and Lifetime Gemstone Loss Guarantee do not apply to:
- Custom ordered items with synthetic gemstones of the same chemical properties as mined diamonds or gemstones; or
- Natural diamonds or gemstones supplied to us for use in specific custom order designs; or
- Jewellery that has been sized, polished, cleaned, repaired or serviced by an unauthorized repairer or retailer.
6. If we provide replacement gemstones under our Gemstone Brilliance Guarantee or Lifetime Gemstone Loss Guarantee, we will bear the cost of the replacement gemstones, however the customer will be liable for a remounting and repair charge for the installation of the replacement gemstones into the piece if:
- The piece of jewellery is over 12 months old; or
- The piece of jewellery is under 12 months old and shows obvious signs of accidental damage, unreasonable wear and tear, abuse, or unreasonable treatment, in other cases we will bear the cost of installing the replacement gemstones into the piece..
OUR LIFETIME GEMSTONE BRILLIANCE GUARANTEE CONDITIONS.
All stones in bands may be prone to damage if worn regularly against other rings, especially if they come into contact with other gemstones or hard surfaces. Under our Lifetime Gemstone Brilliance Guarantee the stones will be replaced if they lose their internal fire and brilliance, however if they have become damaged due to abrasion or wear and tear the mount repair will not be covered under warranty.
OUR LIFETIME GEMSTONE LOSS GUARANTEE CONDITIONS.
The Lifetime Gemstone Loss Guarantee is a guarantee that the original mount of any Secrets Shhh jewellery will securely hold the gemstone such that the gemstone will not be lost from the mount. This replacement Guarantee does not cover the loss of an entire piece of jewellery (such as the loss of an entire ring) or a part of a piece of jewellery which includes the mount (such as the loss of part of a necklace where the failure has not occurred in some other part of the piece rather than between the gemstone and the mount.) The Guarantee covers the preplacement of the gemstone simulant and may not cover repair of the mount as described in condition 6 above.
12-MONTH WORKMANSHIP GUARANTEE CONDITIONS.
1. The 12-month Workmanship Guarantee covers the quality of materials and workmanship used in crafting your new piece of jewellery.
2. The 12-month Workmanship Guarantee does not cover accidental damage, unreasonable wear and tear, misuse, abuse or unreasonable treatment. A repair cost will apply if there are obvious signs of these circumstances.
3. Some examples of common jewellery issues that would not be considered manufacturing defects include:
- The discolouration of precious metals caused by chemicals, makeup, immersion in pools and spas, and bathing.
- Precious metals and claws or prongs worn down over time due to wear and that may require rebuilding or restoration work as part of normal wear or damage.
- Claws or prongs catching on clothing, wearing out, or bending over time due to everyday wear or damage, allowing a gemstone to fall out.
- A fine chain breakage due to being caught, pulled or accidental damage beyond the normal expected strength of the chain.
- Shanks or bands of rings being bent out of shape due to undue pressure, accidental damage or being worn during a physical activity or situations that can result in damage due to being unreasonably treated.
- Settings or heads of rings bent or broken due to force or unreasonable wear or accidental damage.
- Lost butterfly backs on earrings, or bent or damaged posts.
30-DAY CHANGE OF MIND GUARANTEE CONDITIONS.
1. To be eligible for refund or exchange under our 30-Day Change of Mind Guarantee, the product must be:
- In a pristine, as new, unworn condition, with no visible signs of wear, including scratches, damage, chips or marks.
- Returned complete with the original receipt, and as new packaging. The item cannot be considered for refund under this guarantee without these.
- The determination of an item matching the definition of as new condition above is at the sole discretion of Secrets Shhh.
2. If a ring has been modified or custom-made, sized by our jeweller to specifically fit your finger, or supplied by special order outside our standard set size range of L, N1/2 or Q, it will not be eligible for a refund under our 30 Day Change of Mind Guarantee, which includes an exchange or store credit.
LIFE TIME TRADE UP GUARANTEE CONDITIONS.
1. The trade up value must be a minimum of 3x times the original purchase price of the pieces being traded in.
2. We require original receipts or proof of purchase along with your original pieces of jewellery to complete the trade up.
3. Goods generally supplied under this Trade Up Guarantee that are custom or bespoke pieces under the general Certificate of Warranty terms and conditions, and therefore will not be covered under our Life Time Gemstone Brilliance Guarantee or Our Life Time Gemstone Loss Guarantee; or 30 Day Change of Mind Guarantee. Normal warranty conditions apply if the goods supplied under the trade up are from the normal Secrets Shhh diamond and gemstone simulant range, available in store or online.
4. Goods supplied from the normal Secrets-Shhh diamond and gemstone simulant range range under this Trade Up Guarantee do not qualify for the 30 Day Change of Mind Guarantee. The 12-Month Workmanship Guarantee will apply, along with your statutry rights under Australian Consumer Law.
5. This Trade Up Guarantee only applies to trade ups on Secrets Shhh jewellery.
6. The items being purchased under the trade up guarantee must be purchased at the full retail value. Items on sale do not qualify for the trade up guarantee at the discounted price.