Our Warranties & Guarantees
We believe our diamond and gemstone alternatives are a more sustainable and beautiful choice, representing exceptional value for money. Each stone is created in a laboratory, with the latest technology and scientific methods, using the finest raw minerals and materials (see note 2). Proudly grown, not mined from the earth, our prized simulants possess the optical properties of the finest mined diamonds and coloured gemstones unearthed. They are, in our opinion, the world’s most beautiful alternative to mined diamonds and gemstones.
A Secrets Shhh diamond and gemstone simulant is forever. Our jewellery is meticulously crafted, and each piece is expertly finished by hand, from the highest quality, authentic materials, including solid 14 Carat Gold, solid 10 Carat Gold and Sterling Silver.
For your total peace of mind, we stand behind our jewellery with this extensive Five-Star Guarantee, in addition to your statutory rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Our luxury jewellery represents quality without compromise.
Our Five Star Guarantee
Our Lifetime Gemstone Brilliance Guarantee
Secrets Shhh diamond and gemstone simulants are durable, with similar hardness to mined gemstones. On the Mohs scale of hardness they rate 8.5 out of 10. We offer a Lifetime Brilliance Guarantee on all our Diamond and Gemstone Simulants. Should they chip, crack, become cloudy, fade, or discolour we will immediately replace the stones free of charge under the guarantee. Please note that this Guarantee may not cover the cost of re-mounting replacement stones in the piece and does not cover cultured pearls.
Our Lifetime Gemstone Loss Guarantee
If a Secrets Shhh gemstone simulant is lost from its original mount, we guarantee to replace the gemstone simulant free of charge. This Guarantee does not cover the loss of an entire piece of jewellery, or the loss of a mount, or the cost of re-mounting the replacement stone in the piece.
12 Month Workmanship Guarantee
In addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, we will remedy any manufacturing fault or defect for a period of 12 months after the purchase. Should we discover any defect or manufacturing fault, we will repair or replace the piece free of charge. This Guarantee does not cover accidental damage, wear and tear or unreasonable treatment.
30-Day Change of Mind Guarantee
Take your jewellery home to ensure it is perfect. Feel free to inspect, try on again, or get a second opinion. If you are not totally satisfied, we will exchange or refund within 30 days of purchase. Please note, this 30-Day Change of Mind Guarantee does not apply if the jewellery has been worn or has been custom-made, modified, specially sized to fit, or special ordered. Please see conditions.
Our Lifetime Circularity Guarantee
If at some time in the future you would like a sustainable option to recycle your jewellery for new designs, simply ask our team instore or online about the two circularity options we offer, or read the terms and conditions below. You may also recycle your ring or jewellery for a custom-made lab-grown diamond piece with us in the future. This way you always have the option to refresh your collection at a later date. The Circularity Guarantee does not apply to sale or discounted items.
1. All claims under our Guarantees should be accompanied by the original receipt or proof of purchase. Fine jewellery should not be worn in situations that can cause unreasonable wear and tear or damage, such as gardening, gym sessions, active sport, or heavy lifting, as these activities can result in damaged mountings and bands, broken chains and damaged earrings or lost fittings which will not be covered by any Guarantee. Please also remember that hard and abrasive surfaces can damage or scratch your jewellery and stones. Please note that ring shanks can be squashed or bent out of shape with minimal force, and such damage will not be covered under our guarantees. It is also recommended you take pendants and earrings off when sleeping to avoid damage to chains and earring posts and lost butterfly clasps. Chemicals may also discolour or tarnish your jewellery so avoid wearing your jewellery in a pool, hot tub, or sauna. Make up, perfumes, hairspray, antiperspirants, body acidity, and some Sulphur based drugs may also discolour or tarnish your jewellery. Our jewellery is fine quality and consideration should be given to the appropriate circumstances to wear your new piece. For more details, refer to our website www.secrets-shhh.com. Our Guarantees do not cover accidental damage, surface chipping or abrasion of either stones or mounts that are caused by unreasonable wear and tear, misuse or abuse, or other unreasonable treatment. Secrets Shhh jewellery should be cleaned and inspected every six months at a Secrets Shhh store to ensure the mounting is in good condition. If there is not a Secrets Shhh store near you, please contact our Customer Service Team at email@example.com and we will arrange to have your jewellery sent to our nearest authorised Service Center at your cost.
2. Any reference to a diamond alternative in our Guarantee refers to our range of diamond simulants, grown in a laboratory, from the mineral base zirconium oxide. Our stones are not synthetic diamonds created from carbon, which share the same chemical properties as their natural mined counterparts. Our stones are selected from the finest grade AAAAA – AAAAAAA cubic zirconia cut to exacting proportions. Our coloured gemstone simulants do not share the same chemical properties as the mined or chemically identical lab-created gemstones they simulate. Instead they are carefully chosen from a range of high-tech, durable, lab-grown alternatives including the finest colour cubic zirconia and spinel, to ensure the best value and lasting quality. We do not normally offer chemically identical synthetic gemstones or mined gemstones, unless requested under a specific custom order.
3. These Guarantees are in addition to your statutory rights. Our goods come with Guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
4. These Guarantees are provided by Secrets Shhh Pty Ltd ABN 36 617 804 332. To make a claim under these Guarantees contact our Customer Service Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. These Guarantees do not cover the cost of making any claim, you must arrange to make the claim at your own expense.
5. Our Lifetime Gemstone Brilliance Guarantee
and Lifetime Gemstone Loss Guarantee do not
a. Custom ordered items with synthetic gemstones of the same chemical properties as mined diamonds or gemstones; or
b. Sinthetic or Natural diamonds or gemstones supplied to us for use in specific custom order designs; or
c. Jewellery that has been sized, polished, cleaned, repaired or serviced by an unauthorised repairer or retailer.
d. Cultured fresh d. water pearls, opals or synthetic opals are not covered by the gemstone brilliance or loss guarantee.
6. If we provide replacement gemstones under
our Lifetime Gemstone Brilliance Guarantee
or Lifetime Gemstone Loss Guarantee, we will
bear the cost of the replacement gemstone
simulant, however the customer will be liable
for a remounting and repair charge for the
installation of the replacement gemstones
into the piece if:
a. The piece of jewellery is over 12 months
b. The piece of jewellery is under 12 months old and shows obvious signs of accidental damage, unreasonable wear and tear, abuse, or unreasonable treatment. In other cases we will bear the cost of installing the replacement gemstone simulants into the piece.
Our Lifetime Gemstone Brilliance Conditions
All stones in bands may be prone to damage if worn regularly against other rings, especially if they come into contact with other gemstones or hard surfaces. Under our Lifetime Gemstone Brilliance Guarantee the stones will be replaced if they lose their internal fire and brilliance, however if they have become damaged due to abrasion or wear and tear the mount repair will not be covered under warranty. Cultured pearls and fresh water cultured pearls, opals and synthetic opals are not covered by this guarantee.
Our Lifetime Gemstone Loss Conditions
The Lifetime Gemstone Loss Guarantee is a guarantee that the original mount of any Secrets Shhh jewellery will securely hold the gemstone simulant such that the stone will not be lost from the mount. This replacement Guarantee does not cover the loss of an entire piece of jewellery (such as the loss of an entire ring) or a part of a piece of jewellery which includes the mount (such as the loss of part of a necklace where the failure has not occurred in some other part of the piece rather than between the gemstone and the mount.) The Guarantee covers the replacement of the gemstone simulant and may not cover repair of the mount as described in condition 6 above. Cultured pearls and fresh water cultured pearls, opals and synthetic opals are not covered by this guarantee.
12 Month Workmanship Conditions
1. The 12-month Workmanship Guarantee
covers the quality of materials and
workmanship used in crafting your new
piece of jewellery.
2. The 12-month Workmanship Guarantee does
not cover accidental damage, unreasonable
wear and tear, misuse, abuse or unreasonable
treatment. A repair cost will apply if there are
obvious signs of these circumstances.
3. Some examples of common jewellery issues
that would not be considered manufacturing
a. The discolouration of precious metals
caused by chemicals, makeup, immersion
in pools and spas, and bathing.
b. Precious metals and claws or prongs worn down over time due to wear and that may require rebuilding or restoration work as part of normal wear or damage.
c. Claws or prongs catching on clothing, wearing out, or bending over time due to everyday wear or damage, allowing a gemstone to fall out.
d. A fine chain breakage due to being caught, pulled or accidental damage beyond the normal expected strength of the chain.
e. Shanks or bands of rings being bent out of shape due to undue pressure, accidental damage or being worn during a physical activity or situations that can result in damage due to being unreasonably treated.
f. Settings or heads of rings bent or broken due to force or unreasonable wear or accidental damage.
g. Lost butterfly backs on earrings, or bent or damaged posts.
30-Day Change of Mind Conditions
1. To be eligible for a refund or exchange under
our 30-Day Change of Mind Guarantee, the
product must be:
a. In a pristine, as new, unworn condition,
with no visible signs of wear, including
scratches, damage, chips or marks. Items
purchased and worn for special occasions
are not eligible under the Change of Mind
b. Returned complete with the original receipt, and as new packaging. The item cannot be considered for refund under this Guarantee without these.
c. The determination of an item matching the definition of as new condition above is at the sole discretion of Secrets Shhh.
2. If a ring has been modified or custom-made,
sized by our jeweller to specifically fit your
finger, or supplied by special order outside our
standard set sizes of L, N1/2 or Q, it will not be
eligible for a refund, or exchange under our
30-Day Change of Mind Guarantee.
3. Any purchases through Our Lifetime Trade
Up Guarantee are not eligible for a refund or
exchange under our 30 Day Change of Mind
Our Lifetime Circularity Conditions
WE OFFER TWO OPTIONS
1. To return a piece for a full credit on the original purchase price, simply spend 3x times the original purchase price on your new items.
2. To recycle an old piece on a new piece, bring the old piece back and you will received a 30% discount on any new piece.
1. We require original receipts or proof of purchase along with your original pieces of jewellery to complete the circularity purchase.
2. Goods supplied under our Circularity Guarantee that are custom or bespoke pieces under the general Certificate of Warranty terms and conditions, will not be covered under our Lifetime Gemstone Brilliance Guarantee or our Lifetime Gemstone Loss Guarantee, or 30-Day Change of Mind Guarantee.
3. Goods supplied under the Circularity Guarantee do not qualify for the 30-Day Change of Mind Guarantee. The 12-Month Workmanship Guarantee will apply, along with your rights under Australian Consumer Law.
4. This Circularity Guarantee only applies to trade ups on Secrets Shhh jewellery, and the jewellery being recycled will be surrendered to the store at the time of the transaction, along with receipts or proof of purchase. Title to the jewellery being traded will pass to Secrets Shhh Pty Ltd.
5. The items purchased under this Circularity Guarantee must be purchased at the full retail value. Items on promotion or sale do not qualify for the Circularity Guarantee at the discounted price.
How To Make A Claim Under Our Warranty & Guarantees
1. To understand what is covered please refer to the Warranty General Conditions, and the specific Conditions that apply to each of the Guarantees.
2. For any further questions on general terms and conditions of our Guarantee please contact us at email@example.com
3. To make a claim under our Guarantees please visit your nearest store or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Please ensure the jewellery subject to a claim is presented with original receipts or proof of purchase and the original Secrets Shhh Care Card, or Certificate of Warranty supplied with all goods from February 2021.
5. Nothing in the above Warranty is intended to exclude or restrict the application of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and the Australian Consumer Law, including any warranties or guarantees that cannot be excluded.
6. It is recommended that you bring your jewellery back to a Secrets Shhh store at least once every 6 months for a complimentary clean and inspection. This will keep your jewellery in good condition and assist to identify any general wear or damage early. Our online channel also offers this service. You will be responsible for the freight and insurance for returning your items to our Workshop. Our Guarantees are not conditional on the 6 monthly inspections should you forget or overlook this service. We also recommend you read our Cleaning and Care section
7. Your claim will either be inspected by a member of our store teams, or our Customer Service Department should the items be mailed to us. Once again, we note that you are responsible for the freight and insurance for sending an item to us. Secrets Shhh will cover the cost of return freight and insurance to you. An initial assessment will be completed in the store, and if agreement is reached, the necessary work will then be undertaken in our central jewellery Workshop by our qualified Jewellers. Should the claim require a professional assessment by our qualified Jewellers the jewellery will be sent to our central workshop for a professional assessment. In such cases you will be contacted directly by our Customer Service Department once the assessment is complete with the relevant details and advice. Please allow a time period of 6 weeks for assessment and repair. In certain cases, this may take longer depending on the circumstances of the claim.