Privacy & Security
Secrets Shhh is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may collect information that can identify you (“personal information”), such as your name, address, contact number and e-mail address when using our website or in some other manner such as forms, opt-ins and opt-outs. Information collected may be used for promotional marketing, publicity, research and email marketing.
As a policy, we do not sell, trade or rent your personally identifiable information to third-parties, unless you have granted us permission to do so.
If you do not want to receive certain communications from Secrets Shhh you may elect to "unsubscribe" from our communications.
(‘the Company’), including personal information (and sensitive information) collected via this Website (‘Website’).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We use the most secure SSL encryption (the industry standard method for computers to communicate securely without risk of manipulation or recipient impersonation), passwords, anti-virus software and email filters act to protect all our electronic information.
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Collection of Data
The Company collects Personal information:-
- directly from you (unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so) when you contact our business number or fill in an enquiry form; and
- Passive collection: information which is automatically collected, without your knowledge, whilst navigating through and interacting with the content on our site, as well as information on your device or computer (such as cookies).
The sole purpose of passively collecting your information is to improve your experience when using our website and web services.
Through a tracking code embedded on our website, the information collected includes:
- Device-specific data
The following information may be collected through your device and browser:
- your device's IP address (collected and stored in an anonymized format);
- device screen size;
- device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage.
- Log data
Our tracking software automatically records information which is created upon using our website. Data includes:
- referring domain;
- pages visited;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage;
- date and time when website pages were accessed;
The Personal Information is collected and held only to the extent reasonably necessary for one or more of the Company’s functions or activities. These functions or activities include, but are not limited to, the sale, promotion and distribution of its services by direct to customer marketing as well as on-line advertising and marketing.
Any person may access or use the Website via the internet without registering with or disclosing any personally identifying Personal Information to the Company.
Where lawful and practicable, individuals have the option of not identifying themselves (remaining anonymous or using a pseudonym) when dealing with the Company.
What type of Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information collected and held by the Company during our relationship with you may include (and is not limited to):
- your email address; first name; last name; contact details; date of birth; home address; postcode; country of residence; telephone numbers; credit card payment details; billing address; personal information in surveys; testimonials and complaints; Internet Protocol (IP) address, occupation, employment, industry areas of interest and information relating to your dealings with us;
- Any Personal Information you volunteer while using this Website (including via cookies)
Trans-Border Data Flows
The Company may transfer (and you are deemed to consent to the Company transferring) your Personal Information outside of Australia in the following circumstances:
- where the Company has taken reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the APPs in relation to your Personal Information;
- where the Company reasonably believes that the person who will receive your Personal Information is subject to effective data protection obligations;
- where the transfer is necessary for the performance or conclusion of any contract between you and the Company or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures;
- where the transfer is for your benefit and it is impractical for the Company to obtain your consent, but if it were practical you would be likely to consent;
- as required or authorised by or under law; and
- where you subsequently consent from time to time.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Workshops, Webinars, Special Offers, Product Reviews and Other Public sections
You acknowledge that any information which you choose to make public within our Workshop & Webinar Registrations, Special Offer Registrations, Product reviews and other public sections, including your Personal Information will be publicly available within that area.